Under The Mango Tree is India’s leading provider of organic, natural, and ethically-sourced single-origin honey. Founded in 2010, our mission is to empower and equip low-income Indian farmers with beekeeping and provide market access for the honey to improve rural livelihoods by building a nationally recognized fair trade brand of gourmet honey.
Position: Marketing and Communication Manager
As MarComs manager, you are a key member of Under The Mango Tree you will play a strategic role in our growth as we enter a time of expansion. You are our house-ambassador. You will be directly responsible for developing and executing UTMT’s marketing and communication strategy development – online as well as offline, increasing brand awareness and engagement.
You will be responsible for defining innovative marketing campaigns to drive sales through retail, online, distributor and corporate channels. These activities should fit within the budget constraints of a small social enterprise and support company objective for branding, customer acquisition, and customer retention.
- Strategy: Develop and present the company’s marketing strategy that is aligned with the organization’s strategy, value and growth.
- Brand Management: Define and showcase the brand and increase brand recognition.
- Product Portfolio: Identify and articulate the company’s positioning for key products and services
- Content Creator: Oversee production and management of all of our online and offline content.
- Social Media: Define and oversee the social media strategy and presence.
- Press: Manage and strengthen media relations.
- Events: Identify opportunities and events to build the UTMT’s brand
- E-Commerce: Working with our stake holders to increase strength our brand presence online.
- External Agencies: Manage and maintain relationships with all our key stake holders.
- Metric &Reporting: Developing appropriate metrics to ensure that marketing activities are achieving desired results, proactively identify any issues and continually refine the marketing strategy. Produce monthly reports for the senior management team and Board of Directors highlighting trends, marketing effectiveness, and opportunities for growth
QUALIFICATIONS & CHARACTERISTICS
- 3+ years marketing experience; ideally responsible for managing brands and communication and/or proven experience in running digital campaigns.
- Fluency in English.
- Deep understanding of digital and social media.
- Understanding of in store activation and marketing
- Understanding of traditional marketing – print ads, billboards and in store
- Has had experience in managing social media accounts (business or personal)
- Relationships and knowledge of influencers on social media platforms and/or willingness to build strong relationships with influencers to come on as brand ambassadors
- Team player and self starter: Ability to work collaboratively, but also
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal for a variety of audiences.
Compensation: Competitive with incentives
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Suggested Start Date: August 1st, 2017-06-02
To apply: Interested candidates, please submit their application to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about Under The Mango Tree, visit www.utmt.in.
Download the UTMT Marketing and Communication Manager Job Profile here