- 225 g UTMT honey of your choice
- 225 g sugar
- 225 g butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 570 g plain flour
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ginger
- STEP 1 – Melt the UTMT honey, sugar, butter and water. Cool.
- STEP 2 – Sift the flour, soda and spices into a mixing bowl.
- STEP 3 – Add the melted mixture and stir thoroughly.
- STEP 4 – Let stand overnight.
- STEP 5 – The dough will harden, knead well after standing.
- STEP 6 – Roll out dough onto a floured surface.
- STEP 7 – Using Christmas shapes, cut out biscuits.
- STEP 8 – Place on greased tray and bake at 180C for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- STEP 9 – Biscuits will be soft out of the oven but will harden on cooling.
The dough must be left overnight, but not in the refrigerator. It goes quite hard and is easily kneaded. No extra flour should be used. For crispier biscuits roll the dough thinner. For chewy, softer biscuits, roll the dough out thicker.