Under The Mango Tree (UTMT) Society is a non-profit promoting beekeeping to enhance incomes, increase agricultural productivity and improve rural livelihoods. Our work with marginal and tribal farmers, in some of India’s poorest districts of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh has improved agriculture yields by 30% to 60% and incomes by 40% through sale of honey. We won the World Bank Development Marketplace Award in 2013 for being among the most innovative scaleable innovations for reducing rural poverty.
- 17,000 lives have been impacted through Beekeeping
- 1,000 women farmers trained in beekeeping
- 68 Master Trainers – farmers exceptionally skilled in beekeeping – created to scale the program locally.
- 10 carpenters and 10 women from Self Help Groups trained to make beekeeping inputs.
- More than 2 tonnes honey extracted from our beeboxes.
Agriculture Impact Case Studies